Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Monday, December 25, 2006

They Didn't Leave Till 7am...

...I never make it to church Christmas morning, thanks to very enthusiastic, friendly friends... But I love you guys anyway!


Roast Goose got my uncle feelin' Loose!


The food didn't stay long on our plates


Neither did the wine in our glasses


Precious, limited supply of delicious 1975 (my birth year!) Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande

It was a rip-roaring success, involving 39 bottles of Champagne and wine, Large oven-cooked beasts, mountains of mashed potatoes, our juiced-up version of Charades, dozens of ripped up Christmas crackers, and of course, pretty party frocks.

The Menu - clogged arteries and saturated livers be damned!

High: (and what a very high it was) Whilst aunt and uncle were doin' the rock 'n roll to, uh, rock 'n roll music, Daddy Dearest got down on the carpet, flat on his back, and proceeded to "swim" to the beat.
Low: (sigh...) With everyone snoring in bed, having to clear up till 9 am with G.

And a very Merry Christmas to you too! Falalalala, Lalalalaaaaah!

Labels: , , , ,

0 humps in my highway:

humps in my highway

<< Home