Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Monday, October 23, 2006

Spicy!


Arriving late at S's annual Deepavali party, resplendant in all my shawal kameezed glory (how did I end up being the only one - Indian & Non - in traditional costume?), it struck me how much I miss being in the company of people. After keeping myself away from human contact (so I wouldn't have to speak or use my voice in any other way) for so long, it was strange to find myself surrounded by familiar faces. Yet my language seemed to have left me. Conversation wasn't readily familiar to me. But then everything went right again when T started getting teased for his secret Spice Girls obsession.

"I AM the Spice Girls!" He exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, which part of you exactly?"

"My arm is Sporty, my ear is Posh..."

"And that's Baby!" P interjected pointing at T's crotch.

I lost it. I just lost it. Wheeeeeeeee...

1 humps in my highway:

At 11:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D - What a pleasant surprise it is to find an old friend in an unfamiliar place..! - Jx

 

humps in my highway

<< Home