Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Smells like Play Doh & Strawberry Shortcake

Awww... I'm all nostalgic now. You had one of these too, didn't you? I LOOOVED my Speak & Spell when I was 6.
I musta spent hours twiddling with my Texas Instrument - wait that sounds SO wrong.
I musta spent hours playing with, uh, it.
But if you're from this neck of the woods (i.e. a Commonwealth, Post-colonial Anglopet), then you'd understand why I spent many of those hours frustrated with the little man I thought was trapped in the orange box.
You try spelling neighbour or colour with the Speak & Spell! I still have "That is incorrect, the correct spelling of colour is C-O-L-O-R." ringing in my ears. O, the childhood trauma! Somebody hand the lil' bugger an Oxford English Dictionary, already.
You have a go. Much fun!
Play with the Speak & Spell Emulator now!

This is of totally no coincidence, of course:
What childhood toy from the 80s are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
speak and spell
You're a Speak & Spell!! You nerd, you. Just
because you were disguised as a toy doesn't
mean you weren't educational, you sneaky
bastard.


technorati tags: / / /

1 humps in my highway:

At 1:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

humps in my highway

<< Home