Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Pieces on Earth and Good Will to All Men

Arrggghhh!!! My heart palpitates as Christmas Eve accelerates towards us. So many more little things I could do, my mind races, drawing up mental lists over and over.

Have spent large part of evening channeling the devil Martha Stewart and hand-making chocolate truffles in 3 different flavours - peppermint candy, Cointreau & Amaretto (adventures in truffle-making to follow). Oh, maybe palpitations are result of chocolate and booze overdose. I feel sweetly sick, yet strangely giggly!

Anyhoo, have finally acquired new book been dying to read: James Frey's A Million Little Pieces (as recommended by the devil's Oprah's Book Club). How on earth is it possible I'm juggling this many books at the same time?

WAIT! How is it possible I'm even admitting to following Martha Stewart's recipes and reading Oprah's recommendations?!


technorati tags: / /

2 humps in my highway:

At 12:37 pm, Blogger JellyGirl said...

eep that cover is scaring me! The hands look like they are covered in little pimples...colourful pimples!

 
At 10:28 am, Anonymous Audrey said...

Dearest Aunty Dern...
We wish you a Merry Chwistmas! We wish you a Merry Chwistmas! We wish you a Merry Chwistmas and a Happy Nu Year!
XOXO
Audrey (and Mommy & Papa)

 

humps in my highway

<< Home