Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Friday, November 11, 2005

W-Hoo-oo?


NIGHT OWLS are evidently LESS dependable, cautious, and persistent than early risers.

Psychiatrist Herve Caci and his colleagues at Nice University Hospital in France studied the temperaments and natural sleeping schedules of 552 men and women.

Impulsivity and the desire for new experiments were traits particular to night people, as were extravagance and disorderliness.

The researchers believe that people with impulse-control problems (about shopping, sex, or aggression, for example) could benefit from resetting their body clock with melatonin or light therapy, in addition to receiving psychotherapy or medication.

~ Allure Magazine, November 2005


Please note time below. 'Nuff said. Bah.
Just because I don't sleep before 2am, can't get into bed before moving piles of clothes, papers and books, have bungee-jumped under the influence "just-for-fun" and have cupboards full of "what-was-I-thinking-when-I-bought-that" shoes and clothes, doesn't mean I'm undependable, rash, impulsive, extravagant and disorderly... Either that or I should get the shrinks to up my meds!

***

Back Off B*tch II

The 4-year-old son of a customer called me a Fatty-Bom-Bom yesterday. And the salesmen hawking UZap tummy trimmers from OSIM keep eyeing me like hungry barracudas everytime I walk past the shopping cente atrium. Meds! Bring me meds!


technorati tags: / /

0 humps in my highway:

humps in my highway

<< Home