Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back Off, B*tch!

All women bloat, right? Some just more than others. Commiserate with me, if you will...

I'll be the first to admit my self-esteem is at best shakey, especially when Aunty Flo comes to visit, but can you blame a girl when she's constantly bombarded by invitations from salesgirls to "try this new slimming product"?!

Obviously I must need it in skinnycentric Singapore, cos' I swear these salesgirls hide behind rows of shelves, scanning the shop for victims to pounce on.

These flabthirsty flockers of fat-busting products zero in, lock on to their unsuspecting targets and mete out their deadly judgements within earshot of all around:

Heheh, target approaching, this fatty must die buy!*
"Hallo Mees, you want to try our new sleeming product? Very good, can reduce your fats. You want, I demonstrate on you now?"

* OK, OK, words in blue italics are mine. Bah.

I guess I take offence at the audacity! The humiliation! The discrimination! The sheer lack of tact! Who died and made you Fat Detector, you sales-person-who's-not-exactly-slim-yourself?

But then again, the truth hurts, don't it?


It's just as well I bought a spanking new pedometer - it's back to the old 10,000 steps-a-day routine. I'm so excited I could cry. Rawr.


technorati tags: / /

1 humps in my highway:

At 2:13 am, Blogger wind-up-bird said...

demmit. lordy, do i ever hear you. i hate going to the gym at my university because (a) it smells bad and has depressing lighting and (b) seeing those skinny-ass undergrads makes me want to break their skinny-ass necks. and then fail them all in my class. mwahahahahahaahah.

 

humps in my highway

<< Home