Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Another Detour into Narcissism

DSCN0005_1
So a good friend Ms. P sent me one of those email thingies that prior to my quitting my job, I would have immediately deleted cos' I simply didn't have time to entertain stuff like that. Which just confirms that only very bored or very free people come up with and reply to them. I guess if the shoe fits... So here goes:

Copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it into a new email. Change all of the answers so that they apply to YOU. Then, send this to a whole bunch of people you know *INCLUDING* the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about your friends.

1. First name?
Dxxxxx.

2. Were you named after anyone?
Dionysus, the female version of the God of wine (my dad's mad for the stuff). It's better than almost being named Petunia (after Porky Pig's girlfriend) or Geraldine (my bro's name is Gerald) - which, I'm told were the parent's other considerations.

3. Do you wish on stars?
Not really, but I thank God for them.

4. When did you last cry?
Watching Debbie Travis' Face Lift - a Canadian home makeover programme yesterday afternoon (I'm becoming a desperate housefly). It was the episode where the children of a lovely old woman from Barbados decided to surprise her with a brand new living & dining room. She cried, they cried, I cried.

5. Do you like your handwriting?
Pretty much. It's the calluses (from writing) on my third and fourth fingers on my right hand I don't like.

7. What is your birth date?
July 3rd 1975.

8. What is your most embarrassing CD?
Air Supply? But I refuse to justify my taste in music! One person's cheese is another's frommage.

9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Yes, but if I was a guy, I'd probably find it easier to be friends with me.

10. Do you have a journal?
In a book, in a blog, and also a food diary (I am freakishly obsessed with making a record of my life).

11. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Is that like a cologne or something?

12. What is your nickname?
Den, Dern, Dee, Bud.

13. Would you bungee jump?
Of course, and already have. In possibly the unsafest of situations. 3am, Bali, Club 66, over a foot-deep swimming pool, inebriated, wearing a short denim skirt.

14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
NO! Any opportunity to be lazy, I'll take it. But then again, the only shoes I own I can tie are gym ones. Open-toe heels are so much cuter.

15. Do you think you are strong?
No. But I think people think I am because I'm rarely emotional except behind closed doors and am very no-nonsense in dispensing advice.

But I just had trouble unscrewing the top off my jar of pesto tho'.


16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
7684010118Not a big fan of sweets. But if I had to choose, Haagen Daz's Strawberry Cheesecake and Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio will do it for me.

17. Shoe Size?
UK 4, SIN 6, EUR 37.

19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Please don't ask me that now. I'm PMSing. Until it goes away, I'm living in a self-loathing alternate reality.

20. Who do you miss most?
My Grandparents. The loveliest, interestingest individuals who spoiled me rotten. I never got to tell them I loved them enough, never thought to learn from them about their histories, which means I don't really have a connection with my history. So I feel a lack.

21. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back?
Not necessary, but at least 1 reply to affirm that somebody loves me, would be lovely, thank you.

22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Oh no. The worst! I'm at home... it's a saturday night... whine... the saggiest, ugliest blue, yellow, orange, pink and green tie-dyed cotton elastic waist shorts that belong to my mom. No shoes - I'm typing in bed.

23. What are you listening to right now?
Bring it On on TV.

24. Last thing you ate?
Instant chicken noodle soup and 4 slices of cheese.

25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Can't I be the whole box - like the kind that has a plastic holder and interchangeable crayon tips?

26. What is the weather like right now?
Better than before, when it was hot and very rainy. It's night time cool now.

27. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My old friend and cast mate from House of Chow, Nellie. She just arrived from KL on a surprise visit!

29. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Like, no way, the Beeyatch! (pls see #11).

30. Favorite Drink?
Twinings Lady Grey Tea.

31. Favorite Sport?
Uh... walking to the Starbucks at Holland Village for a low fat double tall hazelnut iced latte? No? Do stairclimbing and ellipticycling at the gym count then?

32. Hair Color?
Black. The peroxide blonde mistakes grew out a long time ago.

33. Eye Color?
Brown so dark they look black.

34. Do you wear contacts?
No, I cannot because doctor say I have clinically dry eyes.

35. Favorite Food?
In an ideal, non-Atkins world, french fries, thin crust pepperoni double cheese pizza and beer (is this a food?).

36. Last Movie You Watched?
Downfall. German film depicting the final week of Hitler's life. Whoo hoo, a veritable party on a widescreen!

37. Favorite Day Of The Year?
Christmas Eve. Family, friends, food and copious amounts of alcohol.

38. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings?
Happy endings are too tidy, frighten me please.

39. Summer Or Winter?
Winter. Esp. sunny wintry days with crisp, clean air that nibbles your face. Any chance to wear a scarf, jacket and boots!

40. Hugs OR Kisses?
Both, but not from strangers. And definitely not the insincere "Dahhling, muah-muah" kind.

41. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?
I repeat, don't care much for sweets. Why isn't there a question about savouries?! I could write you a book about salty food.

42. Who Is Most Likely To Respond?
I shall put unnecessary pressure on... G. U have to. You're family, you're younger and because I said so. Bwahaha.

43. Who Is Least Likely To Respond?
P (I dare you to prove me wrong!).

44. Living Arrangements?
12-by-14 storeroom (by my own making - I can't seem to throw anything away) in parent's 4th floor apartment.

45. What Books Are You Reading?
Come Thirsty - Max Lucado, Animal Crackers - Hannah Tinti, Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

46. What's On Your Mouse Pad?
I don't have one. I just got a 12" ibook with one of those no-need-mouse-use-your-finger-here thingies.

47. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?
Aiyoh... I watched too much to list. I will say that I had to stop my Kingdom of Heaven DVD 10 mins in cos' it wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped it would be. Am determined to try watching it again, maybe I just wasn't in the mood. Not in the mood for Orlando Bloom?! I need a head check!

48. Favorite Smells?
Boots Vanilla Sugar Nectarine Bath Milk, Body Shop Milk shower cream, that caffeine blast you get when you walk into a cafe, petrol fumes, Davidoff Cool Water on male necks, Mom's cookiing.

49. Favorite Sounds?
Live music with lots of guitars, someone calling to say, "I miss you, let's meet up" and means it & total silence (all in equal doses).

50. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Beatles. No contest. I was raised on the Fab Four, can?

51. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Toss up between Prague and Cape Town, so being a geek, I googled both: respectively, 6003 miles (9661 km) (5217 nautical miles) & 6117 miles (9844 km) (5316 nautical miles) from Singapore. Oops, forgot... New York wins: 9534 miles (15343 km) (8285 nautical miles) away from S'pore. It looks like I'm bragging here, so what the hey, I might as well add Iceland to the list. Reykjavik - 7150 miles (11507 km) (6213 nautical miles) - is my next travel destination in Aug/ Sept.

52. Do you have a special talent?
I can drive and apply a full face of makeup at the same time?

53. What is your cell ring tone?
Something quiet, discreet, and sounds like a phone, not techno tinkling or a man shouting in Hokkien or anything like that.

3 humps in my highway:

At 8:07 pm, Anonymous thedonutboy said...

eh.. what's wrong with Air Supply? ahahahahah

 
At 12:21 am, Anonymous SLG said...

You should watch Wong Kar Wai films.

 
At 3:02 am, Blogger Peter said...

I'm amazed at how many people BLOG in Singapore! I think it's the BLOGGING Capital of the world!

Stay Gold!

ps
SHOES!

 

humps in my highway

<< Home