Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Out-of-Work DJ Finds Nirvana

OK, I'm am unabashed music snob, but this comes close to perfection (close only cos' the DJs get in the way of the music - i know, i know, for those in the know, ironic, eh?)...

* Instant Ear Candy (albeit in mono - for the aurally atas, click here and figure it out yourself!)
** With hearty kowtows to Cleversponge's impeccable ear.

Really, my word should be good enough, but this sample playlist should convince any self-respecting muso:

Songs featured in the last six hours
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Buffalo Tom - Sodajerk Trip Shakespear - Pearle Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Hard Life Ash - Goldfinger Low - California Kings of Convenience - Misread The Beautiful South - You Keep It All In
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Sugarcubes, The - Motor Crash Le Tigre - After Dark A.C. Newman - Miracle Drug Memphis Minnie - I'm A Bad Luck Woman Jolie Holland - Sascha Frou Frou - Breathe In Bebel Gilberto - August Day Song Billie Holiday - Solitude Devo - Uncontrollable Urge Cloud Cult - Radio Fodder Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Love Burns The Pogues - A Pair Of Brown Eyes Joseph Arthur - Can't Exist Luna - Malibu Love Nest Broken Social Scene - Love And Mathematics 9:00 am - 10:00 am Elliott Smith - Alameda Ten Ton Bridge - Eager to Please The Postal Service - Such Great Heights Patsy Cline - Crazy Arcade Fire - Neighborhood 1 Tunnels Handsome Boy Modeling School - Breakdown (feat. Jack Johnson) R.L. Burnside - Just Like A Woman The Jayhawks - I'm Still Dreaming, Now I'm Yours Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth Zuzu's Petals - God Cries Damien Rice - Amie Roxy Music - Avalon Tom Waits - Day After Tomorrow Pinback - Fortress R.E.M. - The One I Love


*****************

On a different frequency, last night I dreamt I went to a Hollywood movie premiere, dressed like a rock star, walking down the red carpet, bulbs flashing, arm-in-arm with Lindsay Lohan (on the left) and Kate Moss (who mysteriously turned into Paris Hilton just as we entered the movie theatre). Both proceeded to behave very badly i.e. run up and down aisles, tossing popcorn and releasing giggles/ squeals, while I tried to apologise to other cinema patrons.

What does it all mean? I'm hideously embarrassed.

0 humps in my highway:

humps in my highway

<< Home