Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Living is Dying is Living

Today I stared both life and death in the face. The world is a confusing, wonderful, frightening place.

I held a baby boy in my arms, breathed his babysoft scent, stroked his babysoft skin and pretty much oohed and ahhed my way through the entire experience.

I held the hand of a dying woman, tried not to inhale the scent of Dettol, medicines & cancer, stroked her babysoft skin, closed my eyes and prayed for God to ease her into His arms soon.


"Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways."
- StephenVincent Benét
(with thanks to A sentence Uttered)

0 humps in my highway:

humps in my highway

<< Home