Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

I think I'm damaging myself just by being here.

No less than 5 people have told me I have an unhealthy relationship with my computer.
Of the 5 people who are trying to break us up, S. probably is most qualified to comment. He's my accupressurist. Gosh! How tai-tai does that sound?! My accupressurist.

So I'm lying facedown on the massage table, trying not to let my snot splat from nose to concrete floor when he grabs my right arm and says: " Ni de arm hen stiff leh."

Me: "Uh-oh..."

S. applying more pressure: "Ya, your arm bu zhi dao why. You do what hah?"

Me (in my head): "If I was a guy, you probably wouldn't have to ask."
Me (out loud): "Er, I think wo yong na ge mouse tai duo, lah."

S. snorts and is quiet for a while.

Should I explain? What if he thinks I mean a real mouse, as in lao shu/ tikus/ rodent?

S. breaks silence with a lecture on how everything in the body is connected, so if my fingers hurt, the pain will affect my wrist, which travels up my forearm to my shoulder and that's why I have a pain in my neck.


Oh yes, I have a pain in my neck, but it's got nothing to do with my fingers.

0 humps in my highway:

humps in my highway

<< Home