Take a Deetour

"I write to find out what I think." - Joan Didion

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Blue...

... music and alcoholic beverages.

Two Words: Dianne Reeves.
Divine Diva. Diva Divine. Pitch Perfect. Effortless. Moving.

Sitting in the dark, in the Esplanade Concert Hall with eyes closed, letting that voice seep in, I could've died happy right then and there, no joke.

But since I'm still alive many hours later, i may as well admit I feel frickin' inadequate... To mime one infamous local Jazz "diva", *Denise slits wrists with blunt fork* (eating utensil my own saddistic addition).

Three songs stuck:

1. Blue Prelude
http://www.diannereeves.com/audio/that/prelude.ram

2. In Your Eyes
(jazzed up 1986 Peter Gabriel hit)
all my instincts, they return and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride I reach out from the inside in your eyes
the light the heat in your eyes
I am complete in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches in your eyes

3. Better Days
http://www.diannereeves.com/audio/palo/better.ram
I'd say how can I be sure
What is right or wrong
And why does What I want
Always take so long
Please tell me
Where does God live
And why won't He talk to me

You can't get to no
Better days
Unless you make it
Through the night (baby)
Oh ho, you will see
Those better days
But you gotta be patient
Child, do you hear me, yeah
Well, well, well, well
You can't get to no, no
Better days
Unless you make it
Through the night

I made it through last night.
Probably cos' I haven't slept at all.

0 humps in my highway:

humps in my highway

<< Home